Hill 2000 Neighborhood Association Minutes
12 January 2021
Meeting began at 6:35pm in person at The Hill Neighborhood Center
Present: Chris Saracino, Joe Aromando, Matt Devoti, Liz Pulliam, Cathy Buckingham, Jim Barnthouse, Dan Burghoﬀ, Jennifer Gianino, Brian Winkler
Scribe: LynnMarie Alexander
Welcome new Board members Matt and Jennifer. Treasurers Report
- December 2020 revenue up by $11,000 for a total of $23,334 As of December 2020 (which includes the $10,000 donation from Cathy Ruggeri-Rea).
- The challenges of QuickBooks was discussed with a resolution being that Jim and Joe would
meet to work out the ﬁner points of making the program work for Joe.
- Hill 2000 rents a locker from Joe Barbaglia and a question was raised if the payments for it could be semi-annual. Chris oﬀered to talk with Joe about a new payment arrangement.
New Board oﬃcers:
- Brian Winkler nominated Chris Saracino for the president position, Cathy Buckingham seconded, unanimous ayes.
- Cathy Buckingham nominated Jim Barnthouse for the vice-president position, Brian Winkler
seconded, unanimous ayes.
- Chris Saracino nominated Joe Aromando for treasurer, Liz Pulliam seconded, unanimous ayes.
- Jim Barnthouse nominated Brian Winkler for secretary, Matt Devoti seconded, unanimous ayes.
Because some of the members were present virtually, the minutes approval was delayed to this point in the meeting. Dan Burghoﬀ motioned to accept the minutes, Liz Pulliam seconded, unanimous ayes.
- Clean Up Day will be on April 24 in conjunction with Earth Day
- Operation Brightside will be included in the planning and execution
- Block Captains will be asked to play a key role
New Sub-committees were created to make Hill 2000’s work more eﬃcient and eﬀective and to support key operation initiatives.
- Safety and Security – Matt and Joe
- Beautiﬁcation – Jim and Dan
- Preservation – Liz
- Philanthropy – open at this time
Chris suggested that bi-weekly meetings and sub-committee meetings will be where detailed planning occurs with the monthly Board meeting as the place for reporting on progress.
- Super Bowl squares will be oﬀered, so try to encourage participation
- The Easter Egg hunt is still up in the air due to safety because of Covid
- Brian suggested a virtual house tour because neighboring communities have them going on and they are a great success. It would help to raise revenue during the summer.
Motion to adjourn made by Joe, Cathy seconded, unanimous ayes Meeting ended at 8:20pm